We have found that the participation of women in the business sector in the UK is increasing and they may dominate the business sector if the trend continues. We tray and document the contribution of women in the economy of the UK and how their role has changed over the years.
- Even with Whole Foods, Amazon would need many more warehouses to reshape grocery delivery June 23, 2017(Reuters) - If Amazon.com Inc hopes to revolutionize grocery delivery, then its bid to buy Whole Foods Market Inc for $13.7 billion will be just the start of a long and costly process.
- SeaWorld subpoenaed on disclosures about 'Blackfish' impact, trading June 23, 2017(Reuters) - SeaWorld Entertainment Inc said on Friday it received a subpoena from the U.S. Department of Justice in connection with an investigation over disclosures made about the impact of the "Blackfish" documentary and trading in the company's securities.
- Anthem to pay record $115 million to settle U.S. lawsuits over data breach June 23, 2017(Reuters) - Anthem Inc , the largest U.S. health insurance company, has agreed to settle litigation over hacking in 2015 that compromised about 79 million people's personal information for $115 million, which lawyers said would be the largest settlement ever for a data breach.
- VW ex-manager should stay in Germany: lawyer in Bild June 23, 2017BERLIN (Reuters) - A lawyer for one of the former Volkswagen managers sought in the United States in connection with the carmaker's diesel emissions-cheating scandal has advised him not to leave Germany, she told a German daily.
- Exclusive: Wal-Mart not considering a bid for Whole Foods - source June 23, 2017(Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc is not actively considering making an offer for Whole Foods Market Inc, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Friday.
- Tech, energy shares lift Wall Street June 23, 2017NEW YORK (Reuters) - Wall Street ended higher on Friday as gains in tech and energy stocks more than offset weakness in the financial sector, while a slide in Home Depot kept the Dow in check.
- Honda engineer debunks own claim about cause of Takata air bag failures June 23, 2017DETROIT (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co on Friday released a 2013 email in which one of its engineers suggested that he knew some hidden truth about "the root cause" of Takata Corp air bag failures, but the engineer later said he was mistaken.
- Exclusive: Eddie Bauer to explore options including sale - sources June 23, 2017(Reuters) - Debt-laden U.S. outerwear and outdoor gear retailer Eddie Bauer LLC has hired investment banks to explore strategic alternatives, including a potential sale of the company, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
- GM settles hundreds of ignition switch lawsuits June 23, 2017NEW YORK (Reuters) - General Motors Co has agreed to settle federal lawsuits by as many as 203 plaintiffs over defective ignition switches in its vehicles, a Friday court filing shows.