We have found that the participation of women in the business sector in the UK is increasing and they may dominate the business sector if the trend continues. We tray and document the contribution of women in the economy of the UK and how their role has changed over the years.
- U.S. appeals court rules for Uber in arbitration dispute August 17, 2017NEW YORK (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court on Thursday ruled in favor of Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL] in a lawsuit over whether passengers gave up their right to sue the company when they registered for its taxi-hailing service,
- India clears purchase of six Boeing helicopters in $650 million deal August 17, 2017NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India on Thursday cleared the purchase of six more Boeing Co Apache helicopters in a deal worth close to 42 billion rupees ($654.6 million), a defence ministry official said.
- Germany's Lufthansa looking to buy majority of Air Berlin planes August 17, 2017BERLIN/FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Germany's Lufthansa is considering buying a majority of insolvent Air Berlin's aircraft, two people familiar with the matter said, as the government and rivals race to carve it up.
- Wall Street lower on inflation, Trump policy worries August 17, 2017(Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened lower on Thursday after minutes from the Federal Reserve's July meeting showed growing concerns over weak inflation, while investors worried about President Donald Trump's ability to pursue his pro-growth policies.
- U.S. jobless claims drop to near six-month low August 17, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell to near a six-month low last week, pointing to a further tightening in the labor market that could encourage the Federal Reserve to lay out a plan to start unwinding its massive bond portfolio.
- Alibaba beats on earnings as e-commerce remains core revenue driver August 17, 2017BEIJING (Reuters) - Alibaba, China's top e-commerce firm, beat analyst estimates with a 56 percent rise in first-quarter revenue, driven by strong online sales.
- Wal-Mart's margins fall on price cuts, spending on e-commerce August 17, 2017CHICAGO (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc on Thursday reported lower quarterly margins after it cut prices and invested heavily on expanding its e-commerce operations, and its shares fell nearly 3 percent.
- Exclusive: China's CEFC in early talks to buy Rosneft stake - sources August 17, 2017HONG KONG/BEIJING (Reuters) - CEFC China Energy, which has grown from a niche oil trader to a sprawling energy conglomerate, is in talks to acquire a stake in Russian state oil giant Rosneft , three people with direct knowledge of the discussions said.
- Wisconsin lawmakers debate billions in incentives for Foxconn plant August 17, 2017(Reuters) - The Wisconsin State Assembly on Thursday will consider a $3 billion incentive package for a proposed liquid-crystal display factory by Taiwan's Foxconn, the first vote on the deal by a chamber of the state's Republican-controlled legislature.